Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dirty little secrets

Seems gay men don't care about the potential they have for spreading the AIDS virus. Attention, sports fans! There are terms that spring to mind when I think of their insistence upon their lifestyle: "depraved indifference" and "reckless endangerment" are two of them. In a perfect world, all of them would take the necessary steps to avoid the transmission of that dreaded disease. This is not a perfect world. While some do take the steps, most do not. Even if most DID do so, the virus would still survive. I cannot imagine anyone who would insist upon having the right to practice and to knowingly--KNOWINGLY--be a part of an activity that could have such cataclysmic consequences. Yeah, I know, if I open this bottle of nerve gas in this room it will kill all the people in it. But I have the right to own the bottle, the gas, and I must have the right to open the bottle in a public place! I'm an American! No, Charlie Brown. You are NOT an American. You are selfish, and you are guaranteeing the suffering of many persons, both now and in the future, all for the sake of your bodily urges. Thanks a bunch. NOT!

No comments: